When it comes to water heaters, most individuals look for the reviews, so here we have the best tankless water heater reviews. Most people tend to go for tank water heaters, which would have been fine had it been the early 2000s. Today, the market is flooded with tankless water heaters that are not only advanced in that they produce exactly the amount of hot water which you need, but they also save you a lot of electricity and therefore a lot of money.
7 Best Tankless Water Heater Reviews:
|Model No:||Check Latest Price||kW||Weight|
|EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Heater||27kW||13.75 lbs|
|Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus||24kW||15.4 pounds|
|Eccotemp L10 Portable Heater||20kw||27 pounds|
|SioGreen IR288||8.8kW||9.7 pounds|
|Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Natural Gas Water Heater||Not Available||79 pounds|
|Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG||Not Available||37 pounds|
|Rinnai V65EP 6.6 GPM Outdoor Water Heater||Not Available||60 pounds|
1. EcoSmart ECO 27 best tankless electric water heater
Considered one of Ecosmart’s best products, the ECP 27 claims to reduce your water supply’s electricity consumption by half, and so far, it has delivered stellar outcomes. This water heater can adjust the amount of electricity required to heat the amount of water that you need in your home, and the temperature can be controlled externally. This tankless water heater is ideal for the northern United States residents, as it is capable of heating around 3 gallons of water per minute even at a temperature as low as 37ºF.
- Components: The water heater has copper and stainless steel parts for great efficiency and durability.
- Size: This water heater has a compact and stylish design with 3.6 x 17 x 17 inches dimensions. It weighs only around 16 pounds.
- Power: It operates at 240 volts and 27kW to deliver hot water instantly. The EcoSmart ECO 27 works at a maximum 112.5amp power.
- The digital temperature control enables the user to set the right temperature with the increment to 1 degree.
- Maintenance: This model is easy to maintain and the heating elements can also be easily replaced.
- The energy efficient model is self -modulating.
- The flow rate of the water heater and the energy efficiency depends upon the climate of the place. Warmer the climate better will be the efficiency of the tankless water heater.
2. Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus Best tankless hot water heater
If you have a big house and are looking for a good investment, then the Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus 24 kW, is the one for you. Although it is a little bit on the expensive side, it is well worth the money since one of its best factors is how quickly the design changes its internal settings and optimizes it to make sure that only the required amount of energy is used to heat your water. One of its key benefits is that the performance of Tempra 24 water heater remains constant, irrespective of how many appliances are being run at the same time.
- The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus features digital temperature control mechanism. Along with this it also has advanced Flow Rate control to regulate the flow of hot water from the tankless heater.
- This model doesn’t require venting.
- Dimensions: It is not very compact in size. Its dimensions are 21.5 x 19.5 x 8.8 inches.
- The hot water output has an optimum and uniform temperature throughout.
- The temperature control can be set to obtain the maximum of 140-degree Fahrenheit hot water.
- The installation of this electric water heater requires two 60amp circuits. So surely take a note of all this.
3. Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater
Going camping is now a lot more fun and easier with the Eccotemp L10 Portable Tankless Water Heater. Since it is a propane burning system, it also has internal sensors to detect the water incoming as well as the temperature to which it is being heated and therefore prevents the chances of the water being overheated. Be it for cooking your porridge at a camp or washing your clothes, this water heater will generate warm water for all of your needs and necessities. And it also has the added advantage of being fast, with 2.6 gallons of hot water produced per minute.
- Includes: This tankless propane water heater includes 9′ CSA gas regulator, that works on 20lb and a hose. It also includes stainless steel rain cap.
- Also, comes with 1/2″ NPT for easy fitting and efficiently producing hot water.
- The Eccotemp L10 provides 2.6 gallons of water per minute with the temperature ranging from 80- 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This is a non-electric water heater and is fabricated with battery igniter.
- The 2 “D” batteries run only when water flows through the heater. Therefore, reducing the chance of overheating.
- L10 features 20 minutes automatic safety shutoff and temperature control for more safety while operating it.
4. SioGreen IR288 Infrared Electric Hot Tankless Heater
Most water heaters use a metallic core to heat water. As a result of this, the insides corrode quickly due to the water. But the SioGreen IR288 Infrared Electric Heater uses a special infra-red technology, which minimizes the corrosion and therefore increases the life of the water heater. Since contact is minimum, the growth of microorganisms and bacteria is also limited, making the water cleaner. Also, the company claims that this heater saves up to a staggering of 60% of the total electricity consumption when compared to average water heaters, and so far, there have been no complaints from the customers.
- Infrared water heater: This technology heats the water with quartz infrared energy with using any coils. The technology generates heat without any direct contact of metal with the water.
- No Corrosion: Being a tankless heater it does not store any water so reduces the chance of algae. Additionally, being non-metallic there is less chance of bacteria in the water.
- This IR288 is highly suitable for the place where there is hard water. As this amazing heater do not deposit any calcium or limescale.
- The model runs on electricity and doesn’t require any batteries.
- Lightweight: The machine is quite compact and light weighted, weighing nearly around 9 pounds.
5. Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Tankless Natural Gas Indoor Water Heater
With a rate of water flow of 9.5 gallons per minute, the Rheem RTGH-95DVLN Natural Gas Water Heater is perfect for being used in places which have extremely low temperatures. In fact, they can withstand temperatures as low as -30°F and do not slow down at sudden drops in temperatures. It a highly efficient water heater with approx 94% energy efficiency. The electronic controls ensure safety and speed up the heating process of water.
Recommended Read: Difference between Tank & Tankless Heater
- It has a self-diagnostic system for easy installation.
- The mesmerizing digital display shows temperature settings for temperature control.
- The water heater is tankless and also moderate in size with dimensions 18.5 x 9.8 x 27.5 inches.
- It delivers 94% energy efficiency with the use of stainless steel condensing heat exchanger.
- It has a built-in electric blower.
The Japanese brand, Takagi has offered an innovative water heater. Those, who are looking for the small tankless models, Takagi is the right choice for them. Lots of users have claimed that this product is effective for supplying hot water. The rate of water flow is almost 6.6 gallons on every minute.
The mechanism ensures water flow through thermistor section, and thus, the temperature is controlled all the time. With the rise of temperature, there is automatic deactivation of the system. The sensor for measuring the ratio of air and fuel can track all the emission and harmful contaminants. There is an additional feature for protection, like a digital meter and a freeze safety unit. You can install the system with your own effort. You may consider vertical or horizontal venting.
- It provides the remarkable flow rate among all the water heaters on the list. It produces 6.6 gallons of hot water per minute.
- The inlet and outlet thermistors fabricated in it helps keep the constant temperature.
- Energy Star certified.
- It comes with 10-year heat exchanger warranty.
7. Rinnai V65EP Tankless Outdoor Gas Water Heater
If you like to replace your old water heater to have a tankless design, you can rely on this model of Rinnai V65EP. You need to place the unit in the outdoor area. The system needs 150,000 BTUs to carry out the process. Every minute, the rate of low is almost 6.6 gallons, and it varies on the basis of the outside temperature. This large white colored unit is 60 pounds in weight. There is no need for electricity to deal with this system because it needs natural gas for its functioning. The internal mechanism is also much sophisticated. Temperature control system prevents all the unauthorized and accidental alternation to the temperature level of water. Install the system at any outdoor spot and you will enjoy clean and hot water flow at the pre-set temperature level. Scale detecting system is also much improved, and it reduces the risk of any serious damage.
- It is certified for installation in Manufactured(Mobile) homes.
- It has an error code indicator to prevent any kind of damage.
- The temperature controller can adjust the heating temperature of the water between 98-degree Fahrenheit and 140-degree Fahrenheit.
- It also has scale detection system for timely removal of scales and deposits.
Now, let’s talk about the reputed brands that offer tankless water heaters for various models. You can get the best value from the products of these brands.
Top 5 Tankless Water Heater Brands
Rheem, an American manufacturing company, offers all the HVAC tools, including boilers, water heater, AC, and ventilation system. With the supply of HVAC and water heater, this company has covered a big share in the market of several countries, like Australia, Oman, Canada, Arabia, Brazil, Bahrain and much more.
This brand manufactures water heaters of various types, like the tankless and tank-type models. The conventional tank-type models are highly advanced with best performance level. The tankless designs of Rheem are also much convenient and supply water continuously. The company also ensures that their products are ENERGY STAR certified and the energy factor ranges from 0.82 to 0.94. In addition to it, user-friendly controls, high-quality units, and easy maintenance- these are the major features that you get with Rheem’s products.
Rheem has also designed solar water heaters that use the power of the sun in order to produce hot water. The users may choose various options for storing water for their needs. The direct application of direct solar systems helps you in getting the hot water every day. For most of the products, the cost of yearly operations is also very low. Thus, Rheem is a reliable brand for those, who need different HVAC systems.
Rinnai, a Japan-based company, not only designs the water heaters but also manufactures boilers, gas appliances, and various domestic units. With research works and development, Rinnai engineers have tried to offer the best quality for every product. This brand is recognized for manufacturing most convenient and safest products. The superior technology, applied for the water heaters, allows you to get hot water constantly. There are also tankless heater systems, and they use almost 40 % less energy in compared to that of the other traditional units. Rinnai has used electronic ignition for its products for saving energy.
The brand has designed both outdoor and indoor models with compact designs. Thus, Rinnai offers you more than one option for installation to fit the device at any place of your house. This manufacturer has also designed commercial water heater, which provides water to the large commercial houses. Many users choose the wall-hanging designs, which can be installed very easily. The sturdy rack and the connected water heaters allow you to gain better capacity that can be used for meeting various commercial needs. The commercial users, like hotel or restaurant owners, buy this kind of water heaters and other related appliances.
Bosch, a German Company, designs tankless water heaters, wall-mounted and standing boilers and many other accessories. Bosch USA is mainly engaged in the manufacturing of various water heating units. The brand also creates geothermal and air-source heat pumps. The gas-based, tankless water heating units are available in nine different models. These Energy Star Rated products are also highly reliable to the users. However, the electrically operated heaters are also much recommendable for the commercial and residential use. The inclusion of mini-tank has also made the products user-friendly to us. Bosch has also offered warranty for each of the products. These heaters may work for almost five to ten years. The related parts also work well for more than two years.
Eco-Smart, a reputed USA-based company, has relied on the latest technology for producing green energy. Usually, the amount of energy, used for generating heated water, may cover almost twenty-five percent of your utility bills. However, the self-modulating system of EcoSmart has replaced the outdated models for saving almost sixty percent of bill cost. All the water heaters of this brand are ETL CERTIFIED. The electrically operated tankless heaters are also UL 499 certified. UL is one of the product safety certificates, applicable to mainly electrical heaters. The compact model of most of the products of Eco-Smart can fit almost any space on your floor.
The water heater boosters of EcoSmart are also of the high-quality. These are well-designed systems for working with a tank in order to produce hot water. SmartBoost technology enhances the performance and efficiency level of the electric or gas tank by almost forty-five percent.
SioGreen is another recognized brand, providing water heater and other innovative electric appliances. Henry Mai, the founder of the company, has realized the issues, related to the traditional water heating systems, and then made the best effort for offering the right solution. While the components of older models get corroded and cause very costly electric bills, SioGreen products are without all these issues.
The tankless water heating units of SioGreen are also affordable to all the residential and commercial users. However, the traditional appliances are not only costly but also bulky in design. The most notable feature is that the manufacturer has applied Quartz and Infrared elements for heating. From this device, you can get hot water almost instantly, and the metal units also do not become rusted. The water heaters from SioGreen may also last for over twenty years. The process of heating inside the device will remove the potential causes of the failure of the heater. Moreover, SioGreen offers maintenance-free products, and thus, the busy users will have no problem in using the system.
Best Tankless Water Heater Buyer’s Guide:
Like any electrical appliance, a tankless water heater also comes with its fair share of advantages and disadvantages, as well as maintenance principles, which is why you need to consider certain things before you buy one for your home.
- The installation: Buying a tankless water heater will be completely useless if it is not installed properly. That is why you have to get a contractor or a qualified plumber who knows what he is doing and does not leave any room for any accidents to happen. If you are going to install it on your own, make sure to follow the instructions manual down to the last details. Of course, some water heaters also offer you the chance to join them together to generate a greater number of units for heating a larger quantity of water.
- Space: Most water heaters need a ton of space, but thankfully, since tankless heaters heat water instantly and have no tanks, they are smaller in size and thus occupy less space. Therefore, this allows you more space to store other things, and you do not have to worry about taking too much of space. Thus, you can always consider small spaces before buying your tankless heater. Also, make sure that the water heater is also light in weight, should you ever feel the need to uninstall it and carry it to a different location.
- Energy use: The Energy Factor or the EF of the water heater allows you to recognize how much of energy it actually uses and how of much of energy it saves while heating water, and it is calculated based on the volume of hot water which is produced per unit of fuel used over a typical day. Therefore, you have to choose a water heater with a higher Energy Factor, since they also tend to waste lesser amount of energy.
- The repairing cost: Honestly, tankless heaters are more complicated than usual water heaters and even though they last a long time, they have more parts. This automatically means that maintaining and repairing a tankless water heater will cost you more money than average, but if you take care of it properly, it will last longer. Therefore, make sure to take into consideration how much money you are willing to spend on repairs.
- The warranty: The best tankless water heaters always come with a nice guarantee for individual parts. You see, a tankless heater consists of more parts than an average water heater, and therefore the maintenance and repairing cost is more, which is why you will need a guarantee from a manufacturer to make sure.
- Temperature: Know the average temperature of your home before you buy tankless electric water heaters. The less is the temperature of the climate you live in and the temperature of the water you want, the faster it will heat and the more energy you save. However, electric tank water heaters have a slowed and sufficiently less performance at lower temperatures.
- Research on the types: Know the types and requirements before buying a water heater. There are a number of types of electric water heaters out there, with a number of different styles and uses. Make sure to do your research and when looking for one, remember always to tell the manufacturer when and for what purpose you are going to use the water heater. For instance, you will need a considerably smaller heater if you are going to be using it inside your home for yourself alone.
Know More About Tankless Water Heating here
It is always a good idea to talk to a professional like your plumber or someone who has installed a tankless heater inside their homes in order to get an idea of what to expect. However, do not always rely on the opinions of others because the water heater that you buy must cater to your needs, and there are tons of different types of water heaters suited for different purposes and spaces.
Do remember to leave us with a comment in the section below and let us know which ones worked best for you, your home and your basic requirements!